A former FBI agent said the gunman in a Colorado shooting planned to kill more people.
"It's very hard to differentiate in this man's thinking what's a war game and what a battlefield is and a movie theater," said former FBI agent Jack Cloonan on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR's Karie & Chuck Show. "He saw it all in the same context."
Cloonan said suspected shooter James Holmes is obviously intelligent and while that's not unusual with killers, he still has a very dark and twisted way of thinking.
"I suggest to you that booby trapping his apartment was done specifically to hit the first responders because they perhaps represent, in this man's twisted view, the government," he said.
Cloonan also wondered if Holmes acted alone in carrying out the massacre.
- Friends see Ariz. victim as true hero
- Report: Batman star visits Colorado victims
- Rob: Who uses tragedies to push agendas?
- CNN interviews family of Ariz. man killed
- McMahon: An open letter to Russell Pearce
- Colorado shooting victim from Ahwatukee
- Victims names emerge in Colo. shooting
- Understanding shooter's possible mindset
- 12 killed, scores wounded in theater shooting
- Phoenix PD increasing presence at theaters
- Witness: 'We thought it was part of the movie'
- AZ theaters make changes after CO shooting
- Former Phoenix cop reacts to Colo. shooting
- Shooting victim posts photos of his wounds
- Former FBI agent: Shooter hoped to kill more
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.