While Republican Congressmen David Schweikert and Ben Quayle of Arizona are engaged in a heated campaign for the state's 6th Congressional District, they agree Supreme Court's upholding of President Obama's health care overhaul is a mistake.
Schweikert was outside the Supreme Court Thursday when the ruling was issued.
"I'm a little bit on the shocked side," he told 92.3 KTAR "Arizona Morning News."
"They [the Obama administration] swore to us this was not a tax. It was sold to the American people as one thing and now we find out we were being lied to for at least a couple of years.
"There's so much more in this piece of law than the little talking points at the top."
[Now] To say that it is an actual tax when the text of the bill does not say that, the legislative history does not support it ... I'm very confused by the logic and the interpretation of it."
Both men said Congress would would move to repeal the law after legislators return from the July 4 break.
Related: Health Care Decision
- Obamacare is upheld (mostly). 3 takeaways.
- Obama calls Supreme Court ruling a 'victory'
- What does the ruling mean for you?
- Dr. Benjamin Update - Healthcare Costs
- Bruce St. James' PlayList, ObamaCare Style
- Brewer urges repeal of Obama health care
- Schweikert, Quayle stunned on health care
- Arizona gears up to battle law
- High court upholds Obama health law
- High court ruling vindicates Obama
- Romney: Ruling on health law wrong
- Coverage for most, a scramble for states
- Kyl, McCain, Pastor respond to ruling
- Photos: Obamacare Ruling
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.