Updated Jun 15, 2012 - 4:13 pm
Fulton Homes hosting water safety weekend
Summer time generally means pool time, but the fun in the sun could turn tragic if a child is left unattended in the water.
Fulton Homes will be giving out helpful advice this weekend at Valley YMCAs on what to do if a child is drowning.
Tom Herrmann, with Fulton homes, said every family with a pool in the Valley needs to know how to properly perform CPR.
"The first thing that people are going to do is they're going to go call 911, but you have those couple of minutes while you're waiting for those experts to show up where you can provide CPR and revive somebody or help them, if help is possible," he said.
According to Herrmann, 2012 has not been a safe year for people in general -- but especially children -- around water.
"There have been, as of June 6...58 water-related incidents in the Valley so far in 2012 and 44 of those have involved children," he said.
The free advice sessions will take place at the YMCAs listed below from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
• Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA
• Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA
• Copper Basin Family YMCA
• Desert Foothills Family YMCA
• Glendale/Peoria Family YMCA
• Legacy Foundation-Chris Town YMCA
• Lincoln Family Downtown YMCA
• Maryvale Family YMCA
• Mesa Family YMCA
• Ross Farnsworth-East Valley YMCA
• Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Family YMCA
• South Mountain Family YMCA
• Southwest Valley Family YMCA
• Tempe Family YMCA
For more information on safety tips for your kids around water: fultontwoseconds.com