PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man, known as the High Jump Bandit, believed to have robbed at least five Valley banks in the past two months.
“He is … jumping the counter and intimidating and threatening people,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump.
The suspect robbed the following banks on the following dates:
• BMO Harris Bank, 4835 E. Warner Road, on May 21.
• Mid First Bank, 4750 E. Chandler Blvd., on May 21.
• Sun West Credit Union, 302 E. McDowell Road, on June 3.
• Mid First Bank, 787 E. Elliot Road, on July 2.
• Bank of America, 5065 E. Elliot Road, on July 15.
The suspect is described as a white male. He is between 35 and 40 years old, stands between 5-foot-9 and 6-foot-1 and weighs between 180 and 200 pounds. He has a shaved head and a dark or tan complexion.
Anyone with information on these robberies or the suspect is asked to contact Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo and Martha Maurer contributed to this report.