PHOENIX — Drivers using freeways in the Valley this weekend should be on the lookout for several closures and lane restrictions as the Arizona Department of Transportation works on various highway-improvement projects.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed overnight between Power and Elliot roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. Hawes Road will also be closed between Loop 202 and Ray Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) will be closed between Elliot and Power roads from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• State Route 24 (Gateway Freeway) is going to be closed in both directions between Loop 202 and Ellsworth Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 2 p.m. Sunday.
• The westbound Interstate 10 ramp to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) in Tempe will be closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. Additionally, the eastbound US 60 on-ramp and westbound off-ramp at Priest Drive will be closed during the same time.
• Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Baseline and Elliot roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. Also, the southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Guadalupe Road will be closed during that time.
• Southbound Loop 303/Cotton Lane is going to be closed between Camelback and McDowell roads in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday for paving and bridge work.
• Sarival Avenue will be closed in both directions between Interstate 10 and McDowell Road in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Sunday for bridge work. The eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Sarival Avenue will be open for use by northbound traffic during that time, however.