PHOENIX — One person was taken to a hospital and up to 70 others have been
evacuated from a Phoenix assisted living facility because of a hazmat situation.
Authorities said a resident of the senior center apparently spilled the
pesticide Thursday afternoon and that led to precautionary evacuations.
Phoenix Fire Department officials said 70 people from 52 units were affected at
The Grand Canyon chapter of the American Red Cross told KPHO-TV that it
anticipates sheltering about 25 people overnight.