PHOENIX — As the mega-hit TV show “The Walking Dead” is set to return for its fourth season on AMC, fans are gearing up for the next issue of the comics to hit stores.
Several comic book shops in Arizona will be hosting a midnight release party on Wednesday, Oct. 9, of the “The Walking Dead” No. 115; it’s said to be the first issue featuring a dramatic turn in the storyline.
The comic’s publisher, Image Comics, called for the kickoff event at stores nationwide to mark the 10th anniversary of the debut of the series, which was created by writer Robert Kirkman and artist Tony Moore.
“Even though there’s a horror angle, there’s a real people angle, and it’s about survival,” said Alan Jiroux, owner of All About Books & Comics.
The AMC show returns to TV screens on Sunday, Oct. 13.
You can catch the release party at one of the following stores:
• All About Books & Comics, Phoenix (602-277-0757) — event begins at 10:00 p.m. Tuesday
• Dr. Fantasy’s Comics, Glendale (623-878-1800) — event begins at 11:30 p.m. Tuesday
• Fantasy Comics, Tucson (520-670-0100)
• Hero Comics, Phoenix (602-843-6320)
• Jesse James Comics, Glendale (602-993-0392) — doors open at 11:00 p.m. Tuesday
• Samurai Comics, Phoenix (623-872-8886)
• Samurai Comics, Mesa (480-962-1123)
• Samurai Comics, Phoenix (602-265-8886)