KINGMAN, Ariz. — Authorities say a pyrotechnician from Utah suffered
severe head trauma and burns after fireworks malfunctioned during a display in
Kingman Fire Department officials said Jeremy Lee was investigating a
pre-packaged box of fireworks that malfunctioned Thursday evening when they
unexpectedly detonated at the Mohave County Fairgrounds.
They said the 40-year-old Lee was wearing appropriate safety equipment, but
suffered massive head trauma and burns.
Lee was taken to the Kingman Regional Medical Center and was later flown to
University Medical Center in Las Vegas, where he was listed Friday in critical
Lee’s hometown in Utah wasn’t immediately available.