PHOENIX — The funeral procession for fallen Phoenix firefighter Brad Harper will impact Valley freeways on Friday.
Doug Nintzel with the Arizona Department of Transportation said temporary closures are scheduled to be in place after 3:00 p.m. while the procession is underway.
“Sections of eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Interstate 17. Then southbound 17 will be closed at times between the 101 and McDowell Road. We would encourage people to plane ahead and avoid those freeways.”
The full route for Harper’s funeral procession is below:
• Start: 7007 W. Happy Valley Rd.
• West from 7000 W. Happy Valley Road to 67th Avenue
• South on 67th Avenue to SR 101
• East on SR 101 to the I-17
• South on I-17, exiting on McDowell Road
• Westbound on McDowell Road to 27th Avenue
• Southbound on 27th Avenue to the west entrance of the Greenwood Memory Lawn Cemetery at 2300 W. Van Buren.
• The procession of fire vehicles will continue South on 27th Avenue to Van Buren, then
eastbound on Van Buren, where they will be parked on Van Buren from 27th Avenue to the I-17.
A second procession for fallen Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz is scheduled to start late Saturday morning. The eastbound Loop 101 will be closed between 75th Avenue and Seventh Street.
A video of Friday’s closures is below.