Six Arizona-based companies appeared in the Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S. companies.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Avnet was the highest ranked Arizona company at 117th overall. It was the company’s 45th appearance on the list.
“To be recognized on the Fortune 500 for 45 years is a reflection of Avnet’s long-term commitment to profitable growth and creating shareholder value,” Avnet CEO Rick Hamada said in a prepared statement. “Our dedicated employees, and their commitment to accelerating the success of our customers and supplier partners, are the reason we continue to be included on this notable list of companies.”
The other Arizona companies on the list were:
• No. 156: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (mining)
• No. 199: US Airways (airline)
• No. 323: Republic Services (waste management)
• No. 377: PetSmart (pet supply)
• No. 470: Insight (technology provider)