Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
92.3 FM KTAR
close_menu
LATEST NEWS
Updated Jan 15, 2013 - 10:35 am

Attempt to warm cat bed sets Prescott garage on fire

PRESCOTT, Ariz. — Authorities said a Prescott homeowner used a plumbing
warming device to try to keep his cat’s bed warm during sub-freezing
temperatures but ended up starting a fire that burned the home’s detached
garage.

Fire Marshal Don Devendorf said the homeowner said he placed heat tape on the
cat’s bed and covered it in an attempt to keep the cat warm.

The Daily Courier reported that the garage burned Friday
was a total loss, with damage to the garage and its contents estimated at $25,000.

Devendorf said heat tapes are meant to keep pipes from freezing and that they
get very hot but dissipate the heat through the lengths of pipe.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus