Mesa police are searching for two suspects who have been linked to several robberies.
Called the Hooded Bandits, the suspects enter businesses near closing time, either display or simulate having a handgun and demand money.
“Right now, thankfully, they have not hurt anyone,” said Mesa Police Sgt. Tony Landato. “Although, this is a very dangerous situation.”
In total, the suspects have robbed nine different stores:
• Subway, located at 450 S. Sossaman, on Jan. 4.
• New China, located at 1130 N. Higley, on Jan. 4.
• Subway, located at 1121 S. Higley, on Jan. 7.
• Walgreens, located at 9230 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
• Walgreens, located at 6002 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
• Circle K, located at 1210 S. Higley, on Jan. 10.
• Taco Bell, located at 6728 E. Main, on Jan. 11.
• Safeway, located at 9101 E. Baseline, on Jan. 11.
• Dairy Queen, located at 316 S. Power, on Jan. 13.
The suspects, who always wear hooded sweatshirts, are described as being white or Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s. They stand between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-11 and weigh about 150 lbs. One suspect has a thin mustache and gold-trimmed prescription glasses.
The suspects use a getaway vehicle, but multiple descriptions have been given.
“There’s no substitution for vigilance,” said Landato. “There’s no lock, there’s no alarm, there’s nothing that can beat that and that’s what we really stress with everybody.”
Anyone with information on these robberies is asked to call the Mesa Police Department at (480) 644-2211 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.