We are always amazed at the topics that generate a significant response from our listeners; in this case ants!
If you’d like to catch up or follow along on our ant journey in search of an eradication method that is effective, yet acceptable to all, below are the links to the segments covered on air, in chronological order. If you are just looking for the quick answers and all the recourses and methods you’ve heard us laughing about with our callers simply scroll to suggestions from listeners.
Suggestions from listeners:
• Complete compiled list of recommendations from the hosts, listeners and Rosie on the House exterminations partners.
• Small Apple slices (kills the queen ant due to digestive problems)
• Corn meal (may harm bird digestion, use with caution)
• Grits (safe for bird digestion)
• Cinnamon (deterrent only)
• Organic eradication products
• Diatomaceous Earth also commonly referred to as D.E.
Common over-the-counter ant poisons:
• Amdro (FDA approved formula and less toxic than table salt)
• Max Force (FDA approved formula)
Suggestions from The Formula Book: (NOT Recommended by Rosie on the House.)
• Kerosene (may harm soil for planting) mixed with Moth Crystals (more toxic than moth balls to kill certain bugs)
For additional information on controlling the ants and other pests visit Blue Sky Pest Control.